San Diego Personal Injury Lawyer
At Harbor Accident Lawyers, our San Diego personal injury lawyer has the expertise needed to guide our clients through the process of a personal injury claim.
Personal injuries can cause significant pain and stress, and the consequences can be life-changing for many individuals. Although some wounds may heal, others can result in permanent disability. Regardless of the type of injury, if you are injured, and someone else is responsible for the accident, it's only fitting that the negligent party is held accountable for their actions. Call us today for a free case evaluation if you seek legal representation in the San Diego area.
Contact Our Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers Today
The easiest way to answer all your questions is for you to call us.
Why Should I Hire An Experienced Personal Injury Attorney To Handle My Case in San Diego?
Have you been injured in an accident? Then, you may need a personal injury lawyer to help you seek compensation for your injuries.
While you don't have to hire an attorney to handle your case, there are several good reasons to do so. At Harbor Accident Lawyers, we specialize in helping people injured in accidents in San Diego.
Here are a few of the reasons why you should consider hiring us to handle your case:
Advantages of Hiring a San Diego Personal Injury Attorney
Insurance companies often try to pay less or even deny most personal injury claims, leaving you to cover your future medical expenses and other damages. When you hire Harbor Accident Lawyers, you gain an advantage in pursuing your personal injury claim.
Our personal injury attorneys have the expertise to negotiate with insurance company adjusters. They will work diligently to get you compensation for your injuries. Our legal team will handle all aspects of your case, from investigating the accident to filing a personal injury lawsuit.
By hiring us, you can level the playing field with the insurance company and increase your chances of recovering maximum compensation for your personal injuries.
Benefits of Working with Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers
Our accident attorneys have years of experience handling personal injury cases in San Diego, CA. As a result, we deeply understand the California laws that oversee personal injury claims and know how to build a strong case.
We also have access to experts, including accident reconstruction specialists and medical professionals, who can provide testimony in support of our clients.
Protecting Your Rights
If you try to handle your case independently, you risk making mistakes that could harm your chances of receiving compensation. Insurance company adjusters are notorious for taking advantage of unrepresented claimants and will try to pressure you into accepting a lowball settlement offer.
When you hire us to represent you, we will protect your rights and fight to ensure you are not exploited.
Maximizing Your Recovery
Harbor Accident Lawyers will handle all aspects of your case, including negotiating with insurance company adjusters so that you can focus on your recovery.
Our attorneys will ensure you receive compensation for all your damages, including medical bills, future medical treatment, and lost wages. With our help, you can get the financial support you need to move on from your accident and start rebuilding your life.
Please feel free to contact us for a free consultation today.
Our Verdicts and Settlements
In California, verdicts and settlements can range from a few thousand dollars to millions of dollars, depending on the severity of the injuries and the circumstances surrounding the case.
Harbor Accident Lawyers is a trusted law firm in San Diego with a 99% success rate in recovering compensation for our clients. Our proven track record helped our clients recover millions in verdicts and settlements for their injuries.
Contact Our Personal Injury Attorneys Now
Don't wait. Call us today to get answers regarding your case.
Do I Have a Personal Injury Case?
You might have a case if you've been injured in an accident that wasn't your fault. To pursue a claim, you must establish that the other party was responsible for your damages due to their negligence. In other words, you must show that they failed to uphold their duty of care towards you, resulting in harm.
However, determining fault and building a solid case can be complex. Therefore, consulting with an experienced personal injury attorney is a good idea. They can review your situation, gather the necessary information, and advise you on the legal options available.
We offer a free consultation to help you understand your case better. Don't hesitate to contact us today with any questions or concerns.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire A San Diego Personal Injury Attorney?
The cost of hiring a San Diego personal injury attorney depends on the law firm and the specifics of your case. However, most law firms work on a contingency fee basis, meaning they only get paid if they win your case.
If you win, they take a percentage of your compensation, around 33%. This fee arrangement allows injured individuals access to legal representation without paying upfront costs, making it more affordable for them to pursue their cases.
So, discussing fees and payment structures with your attorney before hiring them is essential to ensure you understand their terms and can make an informed decision.
Types of Cases Our Personal Injury Attorneys Handle in San Diego
The San Diego personal injury attorneys at Harbor Accident Lawyers have experience handling various cases. Our law firm specializes in representing clients who have suffered severe injuries due to someone else's negligence.
Some of the types of cases we handle include the following:
Car accidents can be traumatic and have long-lasting effects. Our attorneys have experience helping clients injured in motor vehicle collisions in San Diego due to another driver's negligence. Our injury lawyers can help you with your car accident claim.
Truck accidents can be particularly devastating due to the size and weight of commercial trucks. Our accident attorneys have experience representing clients suffering catastrophic injuries in truck accidents in San Diego.
Rideshare accidents are becoming increasingly common as more people use Uber and Lyft. Our accident attorneys represent clients injured in rideshare accidents in San Diego.
Motorcycle accidents can be hazardous and often result in severe injuries. Our personal injury attorneys have experience representing clients injured in motorcycle accidents in San Diego.
Bicycle accidents can be particularly devastating due to cyclists' lack of protection. Our accident attorneys have represented cyclists injured in bicycle accidents throughout San Diego County.
Pedestrian accidents can be hazardous and often result in catastrophic injuries. Our attorneys represent clients injured in pedestrian accidents in San Diego.
Losing a family member due to someone else's negligence can be incredibly difficult. Our personal injury attorneys have experience representing surviving family members in wrongful death cases. We understand the emotional toll that a wrongful death case can take on a family and work tirelessly to ensure our clients receive the compensation they deserve for their loss.
In California, workers' compensation provides benefits to employees who are injured at work. Our attorneys have experience handling workers' compensation cases in San Diego.
Our attorneys are dedicated to helping clients through the legal process and fighting for the compensation they deserve for their injuries. Our San Diego injury lawyers have extensive knowledge and experience in tort law and work tirelessly to get the best personal injury settlement for our clients.
If you have been injured in San Diego, please contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
What Types Of Damages Can I Receive?
If you win your injury claim, you may be able to get compensatory damages and punitive damages. Compensatory damages are meant to help cover your losses and expenses. In contrast, punitive damages punish the at-fault party who caused your injury for their negligence.
Compensatory damages are divided into two types: economic and non-economic.
- Economic damages are for things you can count, like medical bills, lost wages, and damage to your property.
- Non-economic damages are for things that are harder to put a number on, like emotional distress, pain and suffering, and loss of enjoyment in life.
Punitive damages are awarded when the person who caused your injury was careless or reckless. They're meant to teach that person a lesson and discourage others from acting the same way in the future.
What Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
The value of your personal injury claim will depend on many factors, including the severity of your injuries, the impact of the injuries on your life, the number of economic damages you've incurred, and the degree of fault of the individual that caused the accident.
Putting a price on your pain and suffering is hard because no amount of money can undo what has happened to you. Nevertheless, a personal injury attorney can help you evaluate the potential value of your claim.
How To Calculate Future Damages In A Personal Injury Case
Determining damages in an injury case can be difficult as it involves many factors, such as future medical expenses and future lost income. However, you don't have to handle it alone. An attorney can help you work with medical and financial experts to estimate the future damages you will incur, including lost wages.
The exact amount someone will receive is never a sure thing. However, with a consultation, we can help answer your questions and give you a better idea of how much you can expect.
If you're curious about how much your case is worth, schedule a free consultation with us today. Our San Diego personal injury lawyers will seek compensation from the liable party's insurance company and ensure your medical bills are covered.
What Is the Statute of Limitations in California?
In California, the statute of limitations for most personal injury claims is two years from the day of the accident. However, there are exceptions, such as claims against government entities or claims involving medical malpractice. Therefore, it's essential to consult with an attorney to understand your case's applicable statute of limitations.
What Are The Four Elements Of Negligence?
To establish negligence in a personal injury case, you must prove four elements: duty of care, breach of duty of care, proximate cause, and damages.
Duty of Care
- Duty of care refers to the legal obligation of a person or entity to exercise reasonable care to avoid causing harm to others.
Breach of Duty of Care
- Breach of duty of care occurs when the at-fault party fails to uphold their duty of care, such as driving recklessly or failing to maintain safe premises.
- Proximate cause refers to the direct cause-and-effect relationship between the at-fault party's breach of duty of care and the plaintiff's injuries.
- To establish negligence, you must also prove that you suffered damages due to the at-fault party's breach of duty of care. Damages can include economic and non-economic losses, such as medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After Being Injured
If you've been injured in an accident, accident victims' top priority is to seek medical care. Even if you feel fine, some injuries may not become apparent until later, so getting proper medical treatment as soon as possible is essential. Along with ensuring that you receive the necessary treatment, your medical records can serve as critical evidence if you decide to pursue legal action.
In addition to seeking medical care, you'll want to collect information about what happened and gather as much evidence as possible. Taking pictures of the accident scene and jotting down notes about what happened can all help establish the facts of the accident. Filing a police report is also crucial, as it creates an official record of the accident and can be used as evidence in court.
Hiring an attorney is advisable once you have taken care of your imminent medical care. Hiring an experienced lawyer can increase your chances of receiving maximum compensation for injuries and damages. Their expertise in navigating the legal system can also help ease the stress and anxiety of the entire process.
How Our San Diego Personal Injury Attorneys Determine Liability
A personal injury lawyer must determine liability according to California law. The idea of negligence is the most important because it is the foundation of most personal injury cases. Some cases may refer to intentional acts, but most refer to a breach of a person's duty of care, which results in injury.
A duty of care is the responsibility of a person to act with reasonable care for others. An example of this is traffic laws. If someone acts carelessly and breaks traffic laws, they have breached their duty of care. In addition, some laws enhance a person's duty of care. For example, a drunk driver who causes a car accident will likely undergo more severe consequences than a jaywalker.
The duty of care is not the only standard to prove liability in a personal injury claim. Someone has to be harmed, as well. Furthermore, the negligent act has to be a significant factor in that harm.
To have a successful personal injury case, a lawyer must prove all the above factors and show how the other party is responsible for an injury.
What Can a San Diego Personal Injury Lawyer Do for You?
A wide range of tools that an experienced personal injury lawyer has can help you when you have been injured in an accident.
Here is what an experienced lawyer can offer:
- A personal injury lawyer understands the nuances of the legal system in a way that people who do not practice law cannot.
- Hiring a San Diego personal injury lawyer allows victims to focus on their recovery instead of trying to deal with the legal paperwork and negotiations with insurance company adjusters.
- When you have a personal injury attorney, you are given professional advice on your case.
- When a professional attorney is on the case, negotiations will be more effective, and maximum compensation will likely be recovered.
- If both parties disagree, personal injury lawsuits may be pursued. Your attorney can use their experience to lead your case to victory.
- At each step, your legal team can guide you through the legal process and adapt to changing circumstances.
What Are Common Causes of Personal Injury?
Accidents and injuries can happen in many scenarios. However, the common thread is that a personal injury occurs when someone is hurt due to another person's negligence or intentional behavior.
There are a few significant sections of personal injury law.
- Car accidents are the most common type of personal injury case. In California, percentages of fault are factored in when determining compensation. If someone acts recklessly and is responsible for more than 50% of the car accident, they may be accountable for damages.
- Medical malpractice is another type of case when medical professionals breach their duty of care. This type of case usually involves medical professionals who promptly fail to diagnose an existing problem, perform unnecessary surgeries, or prescribe improper medication to their patients. However, it is essential to note that bad medical results don't necessarily correlate to medical malpractice.
- Slip and fall cases also heavily rely on duty of care. They are premises liability because they occur on someone's property. They happen when someone has failed to meet their duty of care concerning their property. For example, if someone owns a property, they must ensure no hazards. If they fail to do so, they may be responsible for damages.
- Dog bites are another type of case. Dog owners are expected to have some degree of responsibility for their dogs' behavior. Some states have a one-bite rule, which means that the dog can bite once before the owner is in trouble, but California has strict liability for dog bites. This means the owner can be responsible for the bite even if the dog has never bitten someone.
The examples above showcase most cases in the field of personal injury law. Regardless of the type of case, negligence must be proven. However, an experienced attorney can compile evidence to create a strong case.
Accident Statistics in San Diego
Traffic accidents are the most common cause of personal injuries in San Diego. According to the California Office of Traffic Safety, there were 4,094 car accidents resulting in injuries in San Diego in 2020. In addition, 15,043 total injuries and fatalities were accounted for throughout San Diego County in 2020.
Emotional and physical injuries are included under personal injury law.
Some of the common injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Back, neck, or spinal injuries
- Broken bones
- Contusions and bruises
- Emotional distress
It will always help to visit the hospital if you've sustained personal injuries. After you've sought medical care, consider getting in touch with a personal injury law firm. Our attorneys can negotiate in your stead and file all necessary paperwork. Seek compensation with the best personal injury attorneys in San Diego, CA.
How Our Personal Injury Law Firm Can Help
Our legal practice has a lot of resources that help us give you the best services we can and make your case as strong as possible.
- We have years of experience in tort law. Accident and injury cases are our specialties, so we dedicate most of our continued education and study to ensure we know how the field changes and evolves.
- You will get an attorney who keeps up with your case and listens to your needs. You will also get a top-notch support staff trained to be just as diligent and committed to your personal injury lawsuit. No law firm can thrive without a good support staff.
- We want to create a supportive and compassionate environment for our clients because we care much more than the bottom line.
- Our personal injury law firm works on a contingency fee basis. You will only pay something out of pocket once we win your case.
- Our attorneys have won millions for our client's personal injury cases. You deserve proper compensation for the physical and emotional pain you've been going through. Let our law firm bring justice to your case.
"Our experience working with Harbor Accident Lawyers was excellent. We had the best outcome we could hope for. Hiring this team was one of the best decisions we have have ever made after our accident. We had sustained a devastating injuries after being hit by drunk driver who ran a red light. We were rushed to the ER and underwent through painful surgeries and physical therapy. Thankfully, we found Harbor Accident Lawyers who looked after us and left no stone unturned when seeking compensation for our injuries. They worked tirelessly on our behalf, and never took no for an answer from the insurance companies. They were there for us during the most trying period of our lives and helped us to hold the DUI driver accountable."
"It was my first time being in a car accident and I was really scared because I didn't have health insurance to pay for the medical bills. But they put me at ease and explained the process. They were very attentive and also made sure I got the proper medical attention. They even helped book appointments with a local physical therapist! In the end I was awarded everything I need for my medical expenses, the loss of my car and for pain and suffering. I am very pleased!"
Contact Us to Schedule Free Case Evaluation with Our Injury Lawyers
Accident victims could recover financial compensation if injured in a car accident due to someone else's negligent actions. Therefore, finding a team of legal professionals in San Diego is crucial. In addition, an attorney can help you understand your rights and legal options when dealing with an insurance company. Personal injury victims deserve justice. Contact our San Diego office for a free case evaluation and seek your physical and financial recovery.