San Diego Truck Accident Lawyer
At Harbor Accident Lawyers, an experienced San Diego truck accident lawyer can help you make sense of your accident. Truck accidents are terrifying because they can do extensive damage to everyone involved. Furthermore, when you deal with a commercial truck accident, you also have to deal with trucking companies with their own legal interests to consider. Thus, you are up against many forces, which is a hefty challenge, especially if you’re dealing with devastating injuries at the same time.
Commercial trucks often have more regulations to follow, so they're held to a higher standard than your average driver.
If you have sustained serious injuries from an accident involving large trucks, our San Diego truck accident lawyer can help you recover compensation for your lost wages and medical expenses. Our law firm has a 99% win rate and millions for truck accident victims throughout San Diego. Contact us for a free consultation today.
Verdicts and Settlements
Harbor Accident Lawyers is a trusted law firm in San Diego with a 99% success rate in recovering compensation for our clients. Our proven track record helped our clients recover millions in verdicts and settlements for their injuries.
Contact Our San Diego Trucking Accident Attorney Today
The easiest way to answer all your questions is for you to call us.
What Can a Truck Accident Attorney in San Diego Do for You?
When you are involved in a truck accident, you’ve got to deal with many people, including the police, the truck driver, the trucking company, insurance companies, attorneys, and sometimes the Department of Transportation. You can consult an experienced truck accident lawyer to sort all these details out. We’re here to help! We don’t just fight for you in court. Our San Diego truck accident lawyers do extensive work outside of court to investigate your case and determine liability so that we can understand how to best help you.
Our investigation into the truck accident takes the information available to determine what happened. We use that information to build your case and showcase why you deserve compensation.
We also negotiate on your behalf. Because we’ve dealt with many personal injury cases, we know the best tactics to get you the most money. Most people don’t have the skills or resources to negotiate independently, which is where our law firm comes in.
Get Help After a Truck Accident in San Diego: Our Lawyers Are Here For You
A San Diego truck accident attorney can mediate between all parties involved. We are the experts you can turn to because we know what needs to be done, when, and how. We have contacts, established relationships, and the know-how; our truck accident lawyers can handle your accident details and hold your hand through the process from start to finish.
Litigation can be a scary and unfamiliar experience. You can count on us to guide you through the legal process. Our San Diego Truck accident lawyers use up-to-date legal knowledge and expertise to give you the best advice possible and determine the best course of action. Other parties may attempt to sway you towards making uninformed decisions without consulting an expert. That can result in colossal misfortune that may not be in your best interests. We always make our client’s interests our number one priority.
With all that in mind, it is easy to see how working with a lawyer can benefit truck accident victims. Let us help you file a truck accident lawsuit today.
What To Do After a Truck Accident
Once you have made sure that everyone is safe, there are some steps you’ll want to take to preserve your truck accident case.
For example, you’ll want to gather the information of all parties in the truck crash, including:
- All names of everyone involved in the accident
- Contact information for the truck driver (in the event of no insurance)
- Insurance information of the truck driver
- Witness contact information
- Vehicle make, model, and license number
You will also want to speak with witnesses who have seen what happened.
Call emergency services such as the California Highway Patrol, even if you don’t think the accident is that bad. Police reports can be important material in commercial truck accidents like this. The police will create an independent report based on their observations and interactions with all parties on the scene. You must obtain copies of the police report through the issuing officer or his office. Be sure to get the on-site police officer’s contact information.
Seek medical help. For minor injuries, you may be tempted to skip medical treatment; however, getting a record of any injuries right after the accident is important. Furthermore, some injuries aren’t noticeable immediately, so getting checked out is also the safest measure.
In addition to the police report, the police will have you complete an accident report form to mail in. In this report, drivers describe the truck crash from their point of view. Before you complete this form, consider consulting with an experienced truck accident lawyer.
Make sure that you always stay organized. Make one unified file with all the information related to your case. Doing this ensures that nothing gets lost, and you can easily access whatever you need.
Contacting a San Diego truck accident attorney is another step you should take if you’ve been in a commercial truck accident. A personal injury lawyer can protect your legal interests and counsel you about what steps you need to take going forward.
Contact Our San Diego Trucking Accident Attorney Today
The easiest way to answer all your questions is for you to call us.
What Kind of Damages Are Available to Truck Accident Victims in California?
You may deserve compensation if you’ve been involved in an accident with a semi-truck driver. Serious injuries are common after a trucking accident, and failing to treat them promptly may lead to permanent disabilities. Don’t leave anything on the table. You can recover costs incurred for medical treatments, time away from work, and pain and suffering.
Here are all the main types of damages we review after an accident to be sure our clients receive owed compensation:
- Medical expenses (future included)
- Lost income
- Damaged property
- Emotional pain
- Physical pain
- Disfigurement, including scarring
Truck accident cases are often complicated because it involves trucking companies. And fighting a legal battle against such giant corporations by yourself will likely lead to your loss. We can help you determine how much you are owed by factoring in various costs and determining the liability in the case. Receive your free consultation today by contacting our law firm!
What Is My Truck Accident Case Worth?
All personal injury claims differ, and the compensation will vary based on the circumstances. For instance, the value of your truck accident claim will depend on the insurance company, insurance adjusters, medical expenses, and how aggressive the liable trucking company is. The best way to determine how much and what types of compensation you can expect after commercial truck accidents is through a consultation. Whether it be lost wages or medical bills, we are here to help recover the damages you've received. We can review the details of your case to give you an idea of what to expect.
We're Committed to Recover Compensation for Your Truck Accident Injuries
Common Truck Accident Injuries
San Diego truck accidents can have some of the worst catastrophic injuries, including:
- Bruises and contusions
- Concussions and traumatic brain injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- PTSD and other mental conditions
Severe injuries should always be treated immediately to prevent permanent damage. Furthermore, medical records of your injuries can be used to strengthen your trucking accident case.
What Causes Most Trucking Accidents in San Diego?
The Truck Accident Attorney Network suggests there are nearly 500,000 truck accidents every year in the United States. Because there have been so many devastating truck accidents resulting in serious injuries, federal agencies strive to determine the most common causes of truck accidents.
The common issues discovered by truck accident statistics are:
- Driver Fatigue among commercial truck drivers. Some laws require drivers to rest after ten hours of driving because fatigue in truck drivers is shown to have similar impacts as drunk driving. Some truck drivers drive longer than it is healthy, and they may be driving in shifts up to 16 hours long. This is extremely dangerous and could potentially lead to fatal truck accidents.
- Driving mistakes and violations contribute significantly to the frequency of truck accidents. These can range from speeding, tailgating, and improper lane changes to disregarding traffic signals, distracted driving, or driving under the influence. Such actions violate the law and put the truck driver, passengers, and other road users at significant risk of accidents and injuries.
- Distracted driving is another prominent issue, and it is incredibly influential when driving a large truck because trucks require more reaction time due to their size. Truck drivers aren't always focused, and it's easy to see why when we have so many distractions around us, including talking on the phone, texting, eating, and changing radio settings. It only takes an average of 5 seconds to read a text, but it is a dangerous habit that may cause a trucking accident. Consider this: in just 5 seconds, you can travel an entire football field at 55 mph.
- Maintenance issues are another thing to look out for. Trucking companies are required to maintain their vehicles regularly. Failing to do so may cause mechanical issues and a huge truck accident.
- Defective trucks and parts significantly increase the risk of truck accidents due to potential manufacturing flaws or substandard materials. Regular inspections, quality parts, and strict adherence to safety standards are essential to prevent catastrophic incidents and ensure road safety.
- Overloading cargo is another issue that can occur with commercial trucks. When the load is too great on a semi-truck, it becomes more challenging to operate, and the truck driver can lose control more easily.
- Speeding is another common cause of trucking accidents, as is reckless driving. When truck drivers don't abide by the posted speed limits, semi-truck accidents are bound to happen.
- Detrimental weather is a major cause of truck accidents. Snow, ice, rain, fog, and wind can lead to slippery roads, poor visibility, and challenging steering conditions.
- Poor road conditions can cause truck accidents. Poorly maintained roads may have dangerous potholes or other damage that are especially troublesome for big commercial trucks, further deteriorating the road conditions. When a semi-truck driver drives over the damaged pavement, it can send flying debris into the air, becoming a deadly hazard for other drivers.
- Inexperience also may cause truck accidents. When a truck driver isn't familiar with operating a commercial truck, it's natural that they may not handle it appropriately. Inexperienced truck drivers should always drive with extra precaution.
While these are some of the main issues for truck drivers, they are not the only ones. Many factors are at play when a trucking accident occurs, and the ensuing outcome can be deadly for the other drivers on the road. If you've been injured through the negligent actions of a truck driver, contact our San Diego truck accident lawyers. We will help create a winning truck accident case for you.
Types of Commercial Trucks Involved in San Diego Truck Accidents
Various types of trucks may cause accidents. No matter the type of truck, you may be able to get compensation for your injury.
Some of the leading trucks that may cause accidents are:
- Delivery trucks
- Flatbed trucks
- Sanitation trucks
- Cement mixers
- Dump trucks
- Tanker trucks
At-Fault Truck Driver and Determining Liability
Liability is determined based on a duty of care. A duty of care basically means that people have a responsibility for the safety of others. They can be held liable when they don't meet that duty of care (through acting recklessly or breaking laws). In California, the law allows the plaintiff to receive compensation even if he shared fault, which means both parties can be guilty of negligence in an accident. As a result, compensation is reduced by the percent of responsibility the victim had in contributing to the accident.
Pursue compensation with our personal injury lawyers in San Diego. We will work hard towards maximum compensation and ensure the trucking company takes responsibility for its drivers.
How Our Truck Accident Firm Can Help
You shouldn't delay if you think you have a personal injury case because of a recent commercial truck accident. We want to hear from you.
If you are looking for a truck accident attorney to help you with a case, Harbor Accident Lawyers may be the right fit for you. When you contact us, you can have a free consultation. During the consultation, we will go over your case and determine what your options are going forward. You can also ask any questions before signing on with us. Let us focus on fighting your case while you can focus on getting better and finding more joy in your life.
"Harbor Accident Lawyers accepted my case when other two attorneys did not return my call. Anyway, Harbor did a great job with my case. Not only did they follow my case closely, they also helped me get a bigger claim than I expected. They kept me updated with any news and returned my calls quickly. I greatly appreciate the patience and time with me. I would recommend Harbor Accident Lawyers to anyone who needs a good attorney. They definitely will do their best for you!"
"I called several places after my wife was rear-ended by a truck on the 5 freeway and they either didn't call me back in a timely manner, were impersonal, or wouldn't take my case. I highly recommend Harbor Accident Lawyers."