San Diego Rideshare Accident Lawyer at Harbor Accident Lawyers
When you’re in a rideshare accident, you can suffer extensive losses, and seeking compensation from the appropriate party may be a challenge. Resolving such issues can often be confusing. To make it easier on yourself, when you have experienced a rideshare accident, it’s beneficial to work with a San Diego Uber accident lawyer. As a Lyft and Uber accident law firm, Harbor Accident Lawyers has the qualifications to help our clients win their cases. Contact us for a free consultation today.
What to Do After a Rideshare Accident
After a rideshare accident, you should act similarly to how you would in any other car accident. Ensure that everyone is okay and call emergency services. Even if the accident doesn’t seem that bad, you’ll still want to call both emergency services and the police.
After an accident, drivers and passengers are commonly in a mild state of shock. Because of this, you may not think you need medical care or may not even realize you are injured. Make it a rule that, at minimum, the paramedics are called and examine you on the scene of the accident. If you have any discomfort or possible injuries, including mental confusion, it is highly encouraged to proceed to the hospital for a full medical examination.
The police need to be on-scene in order to document the accident from their perspective and to be a mediator between parties. The police officer will create an accident report which is available after the accident. Be sure to take down the officer’s contact information in order to obtain your copy of the report. You need this report as evidence in your case.
Document the Lyft car accident by taking pictures and videos.
Get the contact and insurance information of everyone involved in the accident but avoid talking about the accident. Anything that is said can hurt your case.
After, consult with a San Diego Lyft lawyer who can help you with your claim. Finding an Uber accident lawyer with extensive experience in this field will be beneficial and prevent errors from being made.
Contact Our San Diego Rideshare Accident Lawyers Today
Give us a call to schedule your free consultation.
How Our Rideshare Accident Lawyers in San Diego Determine Liability
Liability, in relation to personal injury, is another term for responsibility. When on the road, people, including Uber drivers, are obligated to maintain a certain degree of responsibility and follow driving laws. If they fail to meet their duty of care, they are negligent. Negligence is an important consideration because it opens up the case to compensate for more than just physical injuries. If negligence is found, then emotional, reputational, and economic damages can also be awarded.
California has a shared fault law. What this means is that parties can each be liable for a certain percent of the damages done. This percentage of fault can influence how much compensation a victim can receive. For example, if someone is awarded $10,000, but they are found to be 30% responsible for the accident, that percent will be deducted from those earnings, so they will end up with $7,000. Settling out-of-court may help you receive the maximum compensation if you have shared fault.
What Can a San Diego Rideshare Accident Injury Lawyer Do for You?
There are several things that a San Diego Uber or Lyft accident lawyer can do for you. This type of car accident lawyer knows the laws related to personal injury cases and how to effectively negotiate for the best settlement.
It is our job to investigate the San Diego Uber accident and make the strongest case for you. We also save you the hassle of negotiating with insurance adjusters. Our Uber and Lyft lawyers know the games that insurance companies and rideshare companies play.
An Uber and Lyft accident attorney can tell you what to expect. We’ve seen cases like yours many times before, and we can give you the guidance that you need to make informed legal decisions. Our Uber and Lyft accident lawyers can never tell our clients what to do; rather, we instruct them based on our knowledge and continued practice of the law.
Furthermore, our law offices work on a contingency fee basis. As a result, there won't be any out of pocket costs for you! Pursue compensation with us today.
Common Injuries in Lyft and Uber Accidents in San Diego
There is a range of injuries that rideshare accidents can cause. You may experience injuries like:
- Broken bones
- Head injuries
- Back and spine injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
- PTSD and other mental conditions
How Much Is a Rideshare Accident Claim Worth?
Depending on the accident details and the types of injuries present, the compensation can vary greatly. The worth of a claim can be affected by the severity of injuries, changes to lifestyle caused by the accident, and damages lost. Schedule a consultation today to get an estimate based on the specific facts of your case.
Contact Our San Diego Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers Today
The easiest way to answer all your questions is for you to give us a call.
Common Causes of Uber and Lyft Accidents in San Diego
All the concerns that apply to normal accidents also apply to rideshare accidents. Halt says that in 2019 alone, two million people experienced permanent injuries related to car accidents. Some of the most prominent causes of these motor vehicle accidents are:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or other substances is one of the most harmful causes of accidents. People often think they are capable of driving after having some drinks. However, response times are slower and judgment is often impaired.
- Speeding is another major issue that prevents drivers from stopping in time to prevent a collision.
- People also have the tendency to make unsafe lane changes, which can lead to them colliding with another car.
- Another common issue is running a red light. It can cause problems when Uber and Lyft drivers push through yellow lights instead of slowing down.
- Distracted driving is something that many people are guilty of. These distractions include conversations with passengers, texting or calling someone, eating, or applying makeup.
- Bad weather like rain or snow can also lead to accidents due to limited visibility or slippery conditions.
- Night-time driving has an increased risk of accidents due to limited visibility. You can only see what your headlights and street lights illuminate. People also tend to be more fatigued at night, which has been found to create the same impairing effects as alcohol.
- Tailgating, or following other drivers too closely in your vehicle, can also put you at increased risk for an accident because you have less time to react if the driver ahead needs to abruptly stop or slow down.
If an accident occurred due to a negligent Uber or Lyft driver, contact our San Diego Uber accident lawyer today! We represent all kinds of car accident victims and make sure ridesharing companies take responsibility for their drivers.
How Our Uber and Lyft Accident Firm Can Give You the Best Results
An Uber or Lyft collision lawyer gets you results by taking on a number of legal tasks. We offer the following services for our clients:
- We investigate car accidents and determine who is liable in the case. Rideshare drivers may sometimes refuse to take responsibility. Such scenarios may make your case complicated and a fair settlement may be hard to obtain without proper representation.
- Gathering evidence is another important part of our jobs because we know what to look for in defense of our clients. Police and other parties are not going to look extensively for evidence that helps your case.
- Negotiating with insurance companies to maximize the compensation you deserve.
- Estimating damages based on type and extent of injury or damage helps us come up with a sum we want to get for you.
- Send demand letters to the at-fault party informing them how much they are expected to pay back in damages.
- Taking the case to trial if it cannot be settled out of court.
- Conduct discovery to ask defendants or other parties for information. This helps to collect evidence and avoid surprises.
"While searching for an attorney within San Diego, I came across a number of reviews for Harbor Accident Lawyers and reached out immediately. I am glad I did because their expert knowledge helped me get through a messy situation with Uber where the driver caused us to get into an accident and I ended up with neck and back problems because of it. Harbor Lawyers were very compassionate and they were able to get me the help I needed. I highly recommend them!"
Contact Us Now
If you need a San Diego rideshare lawyer, we can help. We have years of experience in personal injury cases, and we ensure that we stay updated on emerging information on how to manage ridesharing cases. Our team is compassionate and committed to giving our clients the best results.
You may not be sure that you even have a case, but when you contact us, you can have a free consultation. During the free case evaluation, we can discuss the specifics of your case and determine what steps you can take going forward. All cases are different, so it is valuable for us to hear the details of your case before deciding anything or giving legal advice.
Throughout the process, we want to collaborate with you and ensure that you are updated on the proceedings of the case. You are valuable to us, and we know that if we don’t communicate, our Uber and Lyft accident attorneys cannot possibly get the results that you want. Contact us today, and we can talk through your concerns and open that ever-important channel of communication.